Volkswagen Tiguan R
It's an R thing
Sports car performance and satisfying SUV functionality used to be mutually exclusive. But no longer. The Tiguan R proves it’s possible to have spaciousness and practicality while also unleashing your wild side. With its refined driving comfort, precision ride and handling, roomy cabin space and thrill-a-minute performance, the Tiguan R is impressive in every way. Drive it and see for yourself.
Which Volkswagen Tiguan R will you choose?
Volkswagen Tiguan R R
- SUV functionality meets thrilling sports car performance.
- R exterior and interior styling
- Nappa leather appointed seat upholstery
- IQ.LIGHT matrix LED headlights
- Head-up display
- Alloy wheels (Estoril) 21"
← Swipe →
*Images are for illustrative purpose only. Preproduction vehicles shown. Local specification may vary.
Style you can’t help but savour
The Tiguan R’s fearless design, incorporating flowing lines, bold contours and signature R performance features, will leave your pulse racing.
Drive it, feel it, love it
Total control and comfort is yours when you drive a Tiguan R. Incite your senses with the multifunction sports steering wheel, pamper them with the Black Carbon Nappa leather3 appointed seats.
Feel the excitement in your hands
There’s nothing like gripping the Tiguan R’s Sports steering wheel as you power through fast corners. Soft press the glowing R button on the steering wheel to toggle through a range of driver profile selections, or hard press it to instantly engage exciting Race mode. Decorative blue stitching, large racing shifting paddles and an R badge with blue highlights in the bottom spoke – this is no ordinary steering wheel.
Captivating R styling
The Tiguan R makes a bold design statement with aggressive styling inspired by motorsport. A large gloss black lower air intake, prominent bumpers with gloss black accents, quad chrome tail pipes and appealing R badges front to rear all serve to confirm the Tiguan R’s stunning performance pedigree.
Dare to be noticed
There’s no mistaking the sporty allure of the Tiguan R, with its hunkered stance, assertive body styling and uniquely compelling design elements that can only ever be found on a Volkswagen performance vehicle.
Feel impressive braking force
You’ll appreciate the superior stopping power of the Tiguan R’s signature blue brake callipers, which are a striking visual complement to the SUV’s aerodynamic 21” Estoril alloy wheels.
Reveal the world around you
Enjoy panoramic views and let the sun stream into the cabin when you choose the Tiguan R’s optional panoramic electric glass sunroof.
If it feels good, it is good
You’ll feel ready for any driving challenge when you’re sitting in the Tiguan R’s supportive seats with Nappa leather3 featuring eye-catching embossed R logos.
Soundtrack your next drive
Audiophiles will be blown away by the precision sound emitted by the Tiguan R’s Harman Kardon premium audio system with ten speakers and powerful 480w amplifier. Set the mood by choosing from one of four pre-configured sound settings – Pure, Chill Out, Live and Energy – to create the perfect listening experience for your favourite music.
Take control of your comfort
Customise your climate zone with the Tiguan R’s practical and luxurious 3-Zone Climate Control. Simple climate touch controls are available to both driver and front passenger, while passengers in the rear have full control over the temperature in their zone.
Brilliant illumination with IQ.LIGHT headlights
Performance driving requires perfect vision, which is exactly what you get with the Tiguan R’s IQ.LIGHT matrix LED headlights. Featuring Dynamic Light Assist and dynamic indicators, the headlights project a brilliantly bright beam onto the road ahead. For that extra-special ‘R’ welcome the front doors also cast an R-logo symbol onto the ground below.
Immerse yourself in the digital cockpit
The Tiguan R’s customisable Digital Cockpit Pro instrument cluster and Discover Pro Navigation System offer a fully digital driver display that puts you at the helm. There’s nothing you can’t control when you’re sitting at the wheel.
Enthralling engine performance
With an impressive 235kW of power and 400Nm of torque on tap, the Tiguan R can launch from 0–100km/h in just 5.1 seconds. The 2.0‑litre TSI turbocharged engine will leave you out of breath and wanting more.
Handling you just have to experience
All‑wheel‑drive 4MOTION with R‑Performance Torque Vectoring helps you maintain speed into corners and accelerate out the other side with absolute confidence. By distributing engine output not just between the front and rear axles, but also variably between the two rear wheels, the Tiguan R delivers satisfying grip and stability.
Want to simplify every park?
No parking challenge is too great in the Tiguan R. Avoid the stress of reversing into tight spaces with semi‑autonomous parking technology that makes every park a breeze.5
Expect all-round safety
Every Tiguan R is equipped with comprehensive safety features as standard, providing the best possible protection for driver and passengers. Clever Emergency Assist technology ensures the vehicle is brought to a safe stop in the event that a driver is incapacitated, while a comprehensive array of airbags, including driver and front passenger airbags, driver’s knee airbag and curtain airbags front and rear, offer optimal protection. 5
2. The figures stated are for the purposes of comparison amongst vehicles tested under the same testing procedures only. The actual figure may vary depending on multiple factors such as fuel quality, vehicle load, environmentaland road conditions.
3. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
4. For approved applicants of Volkswagen Financial Services (VFS) ABN 20 097 071 460, Australian Credit Licence 389344 for new and demonstrator Volkswagen Tiguan R 2.0 TSI 235KW. Maximum term 60 months. Finance applications must be received by 31/07/2023. Excludes other offers. While stock lasts. A lump sum at the end of the loan may also apply. Other fees, charges, T&C’s apply. Comparison rate based on 5 year secured consumer fixed rate $30,000 loan. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. VFS may extend, withdraw or change offer at any time. To see if this product is right for you, please see our Target Market Determination on our website. Free 3 Year Care Plan is available at no additional cost on all new MY23 Tiguan R 7-Speed DSG vehicles purchased from 01/07/2023 and delivered by 30/09/2023. Private buyers only. Excludes other offers. While stocks last. Free 3 Year Care Plan covers standard items as contained in the first three scheduled service intervals only. The service intervals occur every 15,000 KM/12 months (whichever occurs first). The timeframe takes effect from when the vehicle is first reported in our system as ‘sold’. For details of what is not included in a scheduled service, please refer to the program terms and conditions.
5. For approved applicants of Volkswagen Financial Services (VFS) ABN 20 097 071 460, Australian Credit Licence 389344 for new and demonstrator Volkswagen Tiguan Elegance 2.0 TDI 147KW, Elegance 2.0 TSI 162KW, Life 1.4 TSI 110KW, Life 2.0 TSI 132KW, R 2.0 TSI 235KW, R-Line 2.0 TDI 147KW, R-Line 2.0 TSI 162KW, R Grid Edition 2.0 TSI 235KW and Monochrome 2.0 TSI 162KW. Maximum term 60 months. Finance applications must be received by 31/07/2023. Excludes other offers. While stock lasts. A lump sum at the end of the loan may also apply. Other fees, charges, T&C’s apply. Comparison rate based on 5 year secured consumer fixed rate $30,000 loan. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. VFS may extend, withdraw or change offer at any time. To see if this product is right for you, please see our Target Market Determination on our website.
6. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.