Choosing cars for your lifestyle needs – Sedan, coupe, or SUV?
A car is an investment which should fit in with your lifestyle seamlessly, yet with so many different car models and body styles on the market these days, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. Of course you’ll need to go for a car that you like the look of, but you also need to think about your particular driving habits , what you primarily use your car for, how many people are in your family (if any) and where you live. For example, if you live by yourself in the middle of the city with a tiny spot in shared parking lot, a huge 4WD or Jeep may not be your best bet…
So this week, we’ve put together a guide to a number of different car models and which options may best suit your lifestyle.
- Hatchback: Small hatchbacks are a favourite amongst inner-city dwellers, as their size and great fuel efficiency make them ideal for zipping around traffic and squeezing into tight parking spots. The hatchback design also gives you more trunk space than other small cars, and many also have fold-down backseats, so they’re perfect if you frequently transport a lot of things around or take short driving holidays often. Our pick of the ultimate small hatchback? The Ford Fiesta and the Volkswagen Golf are two popular choices for small hatchbacks. Don’t forget though, for those who want something a little bigger, hatchbacks also come in larger models like the Mitsubishi ASX 2WD Hatchback.
- Coupe: Coupes are small 2-door cars that don’t offer much in terms of passenger space, but make up for it with excellent fuel economy. Coupes are another perfect option for inner city driving, so if you don’t have a family and don’t often find yourself driving others around, a coupe could be your perfect option.
- SUV: For those with big families (or lots of friends who regularly seem to pile into your car), SUVs are perfect, offering plenty of space for up to 8 or 9 passengers. Many also have enough power to rival a larger size 4WD, making them ideal if you have a boat or trailer to transport, and of course there’s all that extra room for surfboards or sports equipment if you’re a bit of an outdoors enthusiast. SUVs can be perfect if you live in the suburbs where parking space is ample, but city dwellers and commuters may run into problems with parking due to the larger size of the body.
- Sedan: Sedans are often known for their stylish design and excellent comfort, and they’re ideal for small families who don’t need much room in terms of trunk space. They also handle better on the road due to their larger wheel base, and many models are now also becoming more and more fuel efficient, while still maintaining a more powerful engine than other types of small vehicles.
- Mini-van: Finally, there’s the mini-van. Perfect for large families, or those who need a lot of cargo space. For the travel and road trip enthusiast, nothing beats the flexibility that a mini-van offers, and you can usually find plenty of affordable models by searching online for used cars websites.
How important do you think it is for your car to both reflect and fit in with your lifestyle?